My Bathroom.

(Originally written March 19, 2007)

When I say My Bathroom, I am not referring to a previous blog describing the bathroom I envisioned for My Restaurant. I am referring to My actual Bathroom in my apartment. What follows is a brief yet informative paragraph detailing how My Bathroom went from a bathroom to My Bathroom.

For those that don't know, by the end of this month I will be fully moved into an apartment with Nichole. I am leaving mine and moving into hers, which will then become ours. That's how it works. Before this move, we had discussed whether or not we would upgrade the apartment from it's current Two Bedroom/Two Baths status, to a Two Bedroom with a Den/Two Baths unit. Keeping the current apartment until the lease is up would save us roughly $300 or more in monthly rent, but we sacrifice having extra room (which, with a 3 year old in the house, is sometimes missed). We came to a compromise of sorts. We keep the apartment we're in but I get to have the 2nd bathroom, which is attached to the master bedroom. This can still be used by herself and her daughter, but I am allowed to decorate as I see fit. This is partly because she already had settled into the apartment and I don't feel the need to upset her design or motif by putting my stuff up - which tends to have that bachelor/nerd feeling to most of it. This is how I got My Bathroom.

So. I am close to being finished with decorating. When I do, I intend to do a quick video tour of said bathroom and post it, maybe within a blog as well. Until then, allow me to share some of the gems I already have.
By utilizing eBay, which to those who are unfamiliar just may be the greatest website ever, I have been able to get a few items that really tie the room together, much like a good rug without urine. My first purchase was a fine piece of bathroom decor found on www.spideyshop.com. I was able to track down a Spiderman Soap Dispenser.
It's even better than it looks.

With that done, I decided to keep with the Spiderman theme a little and on the same website found some Spiderman shower curtain holders.Yeah, I know. They're pretty bad-ass. Again, that site is www.spideyshop.com for those interested.
"But Cwazola," you say with some rhyming dismay, "what shower curtain could possibly be worthy enough to hang from such totally awesome shower curtain holders?"
Just this one:
Yeah, that's right.

For my next purchase I decided to switch sides, as it were, and venture into DC territory. The comic company DC, not Washington. In another exploration of eBay, I came across a custom made trash bin that seemed to fit in perfectly with the rest of my items, as well as a promise of clashing with them all as well. This is what I am going for, so the deal was made and I am now proudly throwing my sticky toilet paper wads into this:

"Are those comic book panels?" you ask.

Yes. Yes they are. Somebody in Canada took a small waste bin, cut out panels from a comic book featuring Batman and Robin, then glued them onto the trash can. This was just awesome enough to grab my attention.

One of the final touches should be owned by Yours Truly by tomorrow. It is really quite the pièce de résistance, even though it is, as I mentioned before, ONE of the final touches.
A Darth Vader Toilet Seat Cover. I know, I didn't know such a thing existed either, but when you type in the words darth vader toilet seat cover, eBay produces one. It's like magic.

So those are all I can really show you now. I have a few shadow boxes to put up on the walls to put some toys on display - one of which will be my Matchbox Exclusive Star Car KITT from Knight Rider when it arrives. I haven't decided what else will go up, but I'll let you know as I'm 100% positive you will be wondering. Also, I have a magazine bin with a couple Wizard Comic Book Magazines, a Quadratec Jeep Catalog, and a Daredevil graphic novel. Nichole bought me something called The Bathroom Book, which is a neat little book with a bunch of random facts in it. Good stuff.

So next time you're over for a beer or maybe some GI Joe battles, find some time to cop a squat in My Bathroom. I'll keep the seat warm for ya.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Road To Betrothal and Beyond.

Should This Concern Me?

A Case Study: Blue Thunder vs. Airwolf