While I have the time...

Kind of a quick hit here, for I am at work and we have roughly 15 minutes before we start actually doing work. Not much time, but we make do.

First off, my computer at home is really grinding my gears, as it seems to be getting slower and slower. I don't understand it. It has been slow for awhile now, being an older model and not as up to speed as these hip new computers the kids are using these days. How I long for the days of MS-DOS and text prompts and simple commands and yellow or green screens and BBS boards where only one person at a time could call a computer and leave messages and play turn-based games with others and get frustrated when the line was busy and I had the handle Thanatos and the line would cut off whenever Mom or Dad would pick up the phone. I think I'm getting old.

That wasn't what I came to tell you, though. They released a couple more photos from the production of The Dark Knight. Apparently, Christopher Nolan is shooting some of the scenes from the movie on IMAX cameras, which is usually reserved for documentaries and the like. One of the scenes will be the reveal of the Joker. Below is what seems to be the actual shooting of that very scene, although any glimpse of the Joker is blurred by a screen or glass of some sort:


So this looks pretty sweet. A nice, close, in-your-face moment to look forward to during the movie. I got this from ComingSoon.net, but it can be found other places as well.

____________________________

On a side note, I wanted to share this with everyone. Apparently, Anna Kournikova is now single again, so you single guys out there each have a shot. Provided you are rich, famous, good looking, and do not spend your free time reading this crap. Also, you will have to accept the fact that you are kind of doing Enrique Iglesias if you do in fact land Anna. That, however, should be considered a perk.

____________________________

Lastly, this weekend I went to Bethany Beach, in Delaware.

"What?!!?!!" you shriek with an abundance of exclamation points and bold type. "That's insane to go to the beach on Memorial Day weekend and brave the traffic and crowds and such! You must be awesome."

That's correct.

When finishing off a night out at Harpoon Hanna's in Fenwick Island, I suddenly felt the need to relieve myself of the increasing pressure I was developing in my bladder. In heading to do so, I found one of the two urinals occupied by another gentleman who had discovered the same problem I had. So I used the one he was not using.

The reason I'm telling you this is as follows: The urinal on the left was normal height, the one on the right was lowered. You know, for kids or dudes who roll like that. This guy was at the normal height one, which left the shorty for me. Thing is, I'm 6'0" tall. This guy was about 5'7" at the most. So it made for an interesting dynamic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Road To Betrothal and Beyond.

Should This Concern Me?

A Case Study: Blue Thunder vs. Airwolf