News You Should Care About.

Ike Turner won't have his own day.

The Mayor of St. Louis has turned down a request to make September 2nd "Ike Turner Day". I don't know about you, but this is a complete travesty. For an ethically superior man such as Ike Turner to not have his own day is ridiculous. I bet his 13 ex-wives are incensed.

He wrote an autobiography in 2001, in which he denied his supposed abuse of Tina Turner during their marriage. Here is a quick quote from said autobiography.

"Sure, I've slapped Tina... There have been times when I punched her to the ground without thinking. But I never beat her."

Give this man his day. Anyone who can go toe-to-toe with Tina Turner in a no-holds-barred slugfest automatically gets both my support, and my love. Each of which is fleeting, so hold on to it.

__________

PETA is screaming for Michael Vick's head. Nike has suspended his shoe. People are protesting with cries of "Sack Vick," which I find excruciatingly original. It works two ways. Brilliant. But what, pray tell, is the NFL doing? They are thinking about asking Vick to take paid leave.

They suspended Pac-Man Jones for the entirety of the season, Chris Henry and Tank Johnson for most of it, all for misconduct. Tank even got cleared of his DUI charge, but he's still out. And they ask Vick to take paid leave?

I just don't get it. I suppose the NFL is just covering their ass in the very off-chance Vick is actually innocent of the allegations. He blamed his relatives, by the way. This link is for a video of his house getting raided.

By the way, Michael Vick is foaming at the mouth for this dog.

See what I did?
Foaming at the mouth?

Like a rabid dog?

Nevermind.








__________

Entertainment Weekly just published this picture of Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man.

I am definitely pumped for this movie. Not having been a big Iron Man fan as he exists in the comic book, I am able to go into this with a bit more of an open mind than I did with Spider-Man and X-Men and Batman and Superman.

You gotta have faith. Thank you, George Michael.

__________

Comingsoon.net posted this about a set visit to the movie Get Smart.

Steve Carell is Maxwell Smart, and I have high hopes.

Much like Frank Sinatra.

__________

I'll end with this. The Hopefully Released Earlier Than November 2008 movie Wolverine has a director. A guy named Gavin Hood has been tagged to take the helm, and I have never until now heard of him.

Still, I'm pumped like a West Coast Party.

And a West Coast Party don't stop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Road To Betrothal and Beyond.

Should This Concern Me?

A Case Study: Blue Thunder vs. Airwolf